Dassault Falcon Jet is responsible for selling and supporting Falcon business jets throughout the world. It is part of Dassault Aviation, a leading aerospace company with a presence in over 70 countries across 5 continents. We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Aircraft Specification Coordinator in our U.S. headquarters at Teterboro Airport, NJ.
Aircraft Specification Coordinator – TEB 1284
Meet directly with Customers to provide technical expertise in order to advise and quote them in making decisions based on the aircraft Master Option List with Pricing (MOLP) and translating the Customers desires and expectations into a written Completion Specification Package, coordinate the Completion Specification process within the Spec & Design department by scheduling target dates for achieving specification process milestones with team members, follow up on the advancement of tasks/open items with the team members and the Customer to ensure deadlines are achieved and the Completion Specification Package is accurate and on-time.
Customer Relationship Coordination
• Coordinate the Completion Specification process between the Customer and DFJ during the specification process until the Customer Specification Review Meeting at the completion center
• Explain the Completion process to the Customer and determine their Completion requirements
• Schedule, conduct and lead Customer Specification meetings to review the standard aircraft completion and available options of the Master Options List
• Maintain constant communication with Customers to ensure the Completion Specification Package is accurate to their requests and requirements
• Schedule target dates for specification process milestones and monitor the completion of those tasks
• Coordinate the creation of the Completion Specification Package between the Customer, Completion Center and Contracts department
• Keep track of the project history (write meeting minutes) and communicate to the team members
• Interface with engineering experts for feasibility of exotic avionics or interior options
• Coordinate with the Completion Center the bidding of deviations to existing and exotic options
• Initiate engineering checklists to ensure accuracy of the Completion Specification Package
Project Primary Point of Contact
• Interface with the Contracts Department on RFQ approval by Customer and Change Order preparation
• Interface with the Completion Center Engineering Department and Spec & Design representatives
• Maintain a familiarity on new interior and avionics systems that become available in the market
• BS degree or equivalent Aviation experience required
• Three (3) years of aircraft electrical and avionics systems experience
• General knowledge of aircraft interior finishing and structures
• Excellent interpersonal and written skills which demonstrate the ability to sell, advise and explain our aircraft options to customers with confidence
• Excellent organizational and project coordination skills
• Proficiency using MS Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
• Ability to understand and utilize technical publications and resources: good self-learning ability
• Strong customer relations experience
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (structural and avionics), general familiarity with FAA regulations relevant to avionics systems and aircraft interior finishing and structures, B.S. degree in Aviation/Aeronautical related studies, FAA A&P license, Pilots’ license, general familiarity with Satellite Communication technology and proficiency in English and a second language preferably Spanish, Portuguese or Mandarin Chinese are all desired qualifications
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) and pension. Our modern facility includes a subsidized cafeteria and fully equipped fitness center.
To be considered, resumes MUST INCLUDE salary requirements and job title. E-mail resumes to email@example.com or mail resumes to Dassault Falcon Jet Corporation, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 2000, South Hackensack, NJ 07606. Equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v. We are an E-Verify Employer.